Love pizza but not the carbs? Then this is the recipe for you! Two slices of delivery pizza is approximately 600 calories and 64 Carbs, compare two slices of my recipe at approximately 360 calories and 4 carbs! And if that wasn’t good enough, it is also gluten free! The crust is chicken breast that has been butterflied then pounded flat and lightly sautéed.
Recipe makes 6 slices of pizza. Preheat oven to 400
- 3 Chicken Breasts, butterflied, cut in half for 6 pieces of chicken, pound flat (approx. ¼” thick), salt & pepper, then sautéed in fry pan (I use clarified butter or your oil of choice), cook until no longer pink, but do not overcook, they will get approx. 8 more mins in the oven later! Once cooked place on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, silpat or parchment paper
- 1 jar of Tomato Puree (you will have left over, it will keep in refrig approximately 1 week). While cooking chicken prepare sauce.
In bowl add jar of puree and:
– 3 crushed Cloves of Garlic
– 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
– 2 Drops Vitality Basil Essential Oil
– 1 Drop Vitality Oregano Essential Oil
– 1 Drop Vitality Thyme Essential Oil
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (1/3 Cup per Slice)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 24 Slices Pepperoni (4 on each slice)
- Assemble as follows:
Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with mixed greens tossed in Vitality Infused Balsamic Vinaigrette, click here for recipe.