Gluten Free Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookie
- 1 Cup Butter (I prefer Kerry Gold Unsalted Butter)
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Zest of 1 Organic Lemon
- 6 – 10 Drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Oil
- 1 teaspoon CULINARY FOOD GRADE Lavender flowers, (available here)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I prefer Bobs Mill GF Baking Mix)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
Preheat oven to 350°F
With hand mixer, cream butter and powdered sugar; then add lemon zest, lavender buds, lemon oil, vanilla and mix well. Add gluten free flour and salt and mix until blended.
Divide dough in half. Tear off four 20 inch sheets of parchment paper to roll out & cover the dough. Divide the dough in half, place each half on a separate sheet, cover with another sheet, roll out the dough to 1/3 inch thickness between these layers. This dough is soft and sticky, the parchment works best for rolling. Chill until firm, about 20-30 minutes.
Remove dough from refrigerator, remove top layer of parchment. Using a 2” diameter cookie cutter cut the dough and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Allow an inch between cookies. Gather dough scraps and re-roll to cut out additional cookies, dough may need chilled again if it becomes difficult to work with.
Bake until light brown on bottom, about 12 minutes.
Can be eaten as is or topped with Lemon Infused Glaze
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 5 drops Lemon Vitality oil, continue to add drops of water until smooth consistency drizzle or smooth over cookie, top with 3-4 lavender buds.
These are very tender, light & lemony! Sure to be a favorite!!
To purchase Young Living Vitality Oils or Products, click HERE