These are the lightest most tender waffles I have ever tasted! The addition of Lemon Vitality essential oil to the batter and the fruit really brightens the flavors of both! To me, waffles are best when eaten immediately but leftovers will certainly hold up very well and reheating in the toaster works great! The batter mix I use is Young Living Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix, it is a 5 flour blend, Non GMO and contains no preservatives! I also love this mix for making crepes.
Bowl 1, mix dry ingredients & pre heat waffle maker to med high:
- 1 1/4 Cup Young Living Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Bowl 2, add and mix well:
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Young Living Blue Agave
- 3/4 Cup milk of your choice (I prefer buttermilk)
- 1/4 Cup Oil of your choice (I prefer Grapeseed)
- 4 drops Vitality Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 egg yolk (reserve egg white in another bowl)
Bowl 3, mix until stiff peaks
- 1 egg white
Mix the first 2 bowls together – lightly – (over mixing causes tough waffles!), next gently fold in the stiff egg white.
Add amount of batter to waffle maker according to manufacturers suggestion, if you prefer crispy outside layer, cook on higher temp settings. I prefer the med high setting.
This recipe doubles very nicely and leftovers are an easy warm up in the toaster!
Lemon & Mixed Berry Compote
- 1 Cup of Berries (I prefer Red Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry & Strawberry)
- 3 Tablespoons Young Living Blue Agave
- 6 drops Vitality Lemon Essential Oil
Add all to medium saucepan, set to medium heat, bring to mild simmer and cook down berries and agave until thicken, approx 5-10 mins. Allow to cool slightly, it will thicken a bit more, best served warm over waffles with a drizzle of maple syrup!
To purchase any of these Young Living products (Blue Agave, GF Mix, or Lemon Vitality) please click HERE